In this tutorial you’ll get a quick intro to the basics of Subdivision Surface (or HyperNURBS) modeling, why it’s used for making organic shapes, and how to model and texture a couple fun models in Cinema 4D!
Topics covered include:
• Learn what B-Splines are
• How B-Spline smoothing applies to Subdivision Surfaces & polygons
• The difference between Viewport and Render SDS settings
• Using loop cuts and subdivisions to affect SDS geometry
• Covering the useful modeling hotkeys like ‘M’, ‘U’, and ‘Q’
• Going over two example workflows
• Texturing models using different projection methods
If you have any questions about Subdivision Surface Modeling in Cinema 4D, be sure to post it in the comments section! If you model anything using Subdivision Surface modeling, be sure to share it with me on Twitter or in the Comments! Thanks for watching!