In this tutorial you’ll get an intro intro Mechanical IK rigging and animating in Cinema 4D!
Topics covered include:
• The differences between FK (Forward Kinematics) and IK (Inverse Kinematics)
• Setting up the correct object hierarchy for rigging
• Introduction to the IK Tag and IK Goals & Poles
• Learning about Freeze Transformations & Reset PSR
• Using the Constraint Tag ‘Up Vector’ option
• Utilizing the Protection Tag to prevent unwanted movements
• Animating springy movement using the Constraint Tag ‘Spring’ option
If you have any questions about Mechanical IK Rigging in Cinema 4D, post them in the comments section! If you create anything using this technique, be sure to share it with me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or in the Comments! Thanks for watching!