In this tutorial we’re going to learn about the brand new Cinema 4D renderer included in After Effects CC 2017 & how to create a cel shaded 3D object!
Topics covered include:
• Converting Illustrator files into Shape Layers
• The difference between the old Raytraced 3D Renderer & Cinema 4D Renderer
• Extruding shape layers
• Using Lights to add cel shading to extruded objects
• Adding colors to specific parts of extruded objects (Front/Back/Side/Bevel)
• Learn about optimizing the Cinema 4D Renderer render settings for optimal RAM preview playback
• Creating an Isometric style camera for flatter, more geometric compositions
If you have any questions about how to Create A Cel Shaded 3D Object Using the Cinema 4D Renderer, or questions about the Cinema 4D Renderer in general, be sure to post it in the comments section and if you create any fun 2D cel shading works in After Effects, be sure to share it with me on Twitter or in the Comments! Thanks for watching!